We have been celebrating Bold Women and Bright Skin since 1927—and this holiday season we are taking it even further. We have partnered with WIN (Women In Need), a beautiful not-for-profit organization that helps homeless New York women live a more comfortable life. Our brand mission and company ethos are the same: to make the world a better place by making all women feel great. By spreading our mission one gift at a time, we hope to bring glow to all.
For the entire month of December, we will donate a portion of every EL purchase to WIN, and will also be heading over to WIN’s 3 locations to give all the moms a gift to open this season.
Who is WIN—Women in Need
For more than 33 years, WIN has provided safe housing, critical services, and ground-breaking programs to help homeless women and their children rebuild their lives. In the past year, WIN served close to 10,000 homeless people—including more than 5,000 children—and helped more than 700 families transition out of a shelter into homes of their own.
Our donation will go towards groundbreaking programs developed by WIN, including their Income Building program, helping families gain independence.
Meet WIN’s CEO,
Meet Christine C. Quinn, WIN’s President and C.E.O, giving us a look into why this powerful organization can help improve the lives of women in need.
Fast Facts About WIN
- WIN houses nearly 10% of the homeless families in New York City.
- WIN has ten family shelters in Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens with individual family units housing over 1,200 homeless families each night.
- WIN has nearly 335 units of permanent supportive housing offering continued counseling and other supportive services for mothers/families with special needs.
- This year, WIN placed over 700 families into permanent housing.
- Every night WIN provides shelter for more than 4,600 people—including more than 2,700 children. WIN provides services to close to 10,000 people a year.
- In the past year, 1,174 WIN clients have achieved employment gains through WIN’s Income Building Program.
- 53% of WIN’s homeless moms are employed.
- With nine on-site daycare centers plus after-school educational and recreational programs, WIN provides childcare services for homeless children of all ages.
- Camp WIN, a specialized day camp, serves close to 1,000 homeless children during the summer and every school break—helping children maintain their educational focus while allowing their moms to concentrate on rebuilding their lives.
- WIN has more than 500 full- and part-time staff members, and a dedicated roster of over 1,200 volunteers.
Check out some of our fun moments with our team volunteering.
To send a personal donation or see how you can help, click the link below to learn more.